Wholewheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Jaggery? Good…Chocolate? Goooood
Here’s my version of wholewheat chocolate chip cookies
1. In a large bowl, combine butter and jaggery. mix it really well till it becomes light in color and fluffy.
2. Add in the vanilla extract to the mixture.
3. Add in the whole wheat flour, oats flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. you can use a sieve if the oats flour is too coarse. mix all these ingredients to make the cookie dough.
4. Add in milk to combine all the ingredients together. milk will add some moisture to the cookie dough.
5. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 20-25 minutes. meanwhile, preheat your oven to 160 degree celsius.
6. Line your baking tray with parchment paper or baking sheet.
7. Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, scoop out the dough into small balls and place them on the baking tray. make sure to leave enough space between 2 balls as the dough will expand as it bakes.
8. Flatten the dough balls a little with your hand and top them with chocolate chips.
9. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes at 160 degree celsius.
10. Remove and let cool on rack.
1. You can use 1 cup of whole wheat flour instead of ¾ cup of wholewheat flour and ¼ cup of oats flour
2. You can replace the butter with ghee to make the cookies even more wholesome. however, ensure to use good vanilla extract to cover the flavour of ghee, as it may not sync well with chocolate.
3. Ensure to mix the butter/ghee well with the jaggery. this will make all the difference to the texture of the cookies !
Happy baking !