South indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a small blender take ½ cup grated coconut, 1 tbsp roasted gram dal / putani and 8 whole cashew nuts.
2. Also add 2 green chillies, ½ inch cinnamon, 3 green cardamom, 1 tsp fennel seeds and 1 tbsp poppy seeds / khus khus.
3. Blend to a smooth paste by adding ¼ cup water. keep aside.
4. In a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil. add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf. let it splutter.
5. Also, add ½ sliced onion and 1 tsp ginger paste. saute until the onions soften.
6. Further add 1 chopped carrot, 1 chopped potato, 6 chopped beans and 4 tbsp peas / matar.
7. Add 1 tsp salt and saute for 2 minutes.
8. Now add ¼ cup water, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Once the vegetables are almost cooked add in the prepared white masala paste. saute for 2 minutes until the raw flavours disappear.
10. Add in 1 cup water and mix adjusting the consistency as required.
11. Cover and boil for 5 minutes making sure the flavours are well absorbed.
12. Also add 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 2 tbsp lemon juice and mix well.
13. Finally, enjoy white kurma with chapati and idiyappam.