Veggie Paneer Masala Tikka Rice
North indian, Mains
1. Blanch 1 cup small cauliflower florets & 1/2 cup carrots cut into medium cubes for 5-6 minutes.
2. For the marinade, in a mixing bowl add 1/2 cup curd, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder (optional), 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp roasted besan, salt to taste, 1 tsp kasuri methi, 1 tsp mustard well and mix everything well so that there are no lumps.
3. In the marinade, add the blanched cauliflower florets, carrots, onion & capsicum cut into medium cubes & around 100 gms of paneer cubes, coat everything well with the masala and keep it aside for 30-45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile soak basmati rice for half and hour and cook it till it is 80% done, by adding little salt, 1 bay leaf, 3 green cardamoms, 3 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, 5-6 black peppercorns. drain the water and keep it aside.
5. Heat some oil in a pan, fry the marinated veggies and paneer in batches for 4-5 minutes & keep it aside.
6. In the same pan, add some more oil, add 1 bay leaf & cinnamon stick, add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds let it splutter.
7. Add 2 finely chopped onions, fry it well for 4-5 minutes, add 1/2 tsp each ginger garlic paste & cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Add 2 chopped tomatoes, salt to taste and cook it until it becomes soft & mushy.
9. Add 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, cook it well until oil starts to separate from sides.
10. Add the marinated & fried veggies & paneer along with the leftover marinade & cook it well for 4-5 minutes.
11. Add 1/2 cup water, cover and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes and it's done.
12. For layering, take a heavy bottom pan, apply ghee over it, add one layer of cooked rice, one layer of tikka masala gravy, fried onions, chopped green chilies & coriander leaves repeat it for 2 times, cover & cook it in a "dum" for 15-20 minutes & it's ready.
1. You can make this rice with chicken, eggs or fish too.
2. For fired onion, cut the onion into thin slices and fry it till they are golden brown in colour.
3. This recipes serves 3.