Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a deep non-stick pan. add 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic and sauté till lightly browned.
2. Add 1 large finely chopped onion, mix and sauté till translucent. add 1 tbsp finely chopped celery, 2 medium carrots cut into cubes and mix well.
3. Add 2 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves and 2 tbsp butter, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. add 1 cup tomato puree, stir and bring to a boil.
4. Add 1 roasted and diced yellow capsicum, 1 roasted and diced red capsicum and mix. add 4-5 torn basil leaves and mix well.
5. Add salt to taste, 1 tsp chilli flakes, crushed peppercorns to taste and 1 bay leaf, mix well and cook till the vegetables soften.
6. Discard the bay leaf, add some water and blend well. remove from heat and set aside.
7. Preheat oven to 180º c.
8. Slice 1 medium green zucchini, 1 medium yellow zucchini, 2 medium long brinjals and soak them in water. slice 3 medium sized tomatoes and set aside.
9. Spread the cooked mixture in a glass baking dish. top with alternative rows of zucchini, brinjal and tomato slices. pour some olive oil.
10. Put the dish in the preheated oven and bake at 180° c for 8-10 minutes.
11. Serve hot.