Veg Pitor Katli
1. Take 1 cup (100 gms) of chickpea flour / besan in a bowl, add 1 cup of water and dissolve lumps.
2. Add 1.5 cups of water and prepare a smooth paste.
3. The smoother chickpea flour paste is ready. add 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp ginger paste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 finely chopped deseeded green chillies, 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves, 1 finely chopped capsicum, 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower, 1 finely chopped deseeded tomato in the batter.
4. Preheat the pan, add 2 tsp oil, 1/4 pinch hing / asafoetida and saute for 10 seconds.
5. Add the batter in it and cook while continuously stirring it on the high flame for 5 minutes.
6. Turn the flame to medium, stir it to make it thicker. we cooked it for 10 minutes though, 5 minutes on the high flame and 5 minutes on the medium flame.
7. The batter appears rightly thick. now, we will set it.
8. Add the batter in a plate and spread it evenly. store it in a cold place or beneath the fan to set.
9. Pitor will get set in 10 minutes. then cut it into the pieces.
10. Preheat a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp oil. spread it evenly and leave the pan to heat.
11. Add pieces in the wok to fry on the medium flame. when they are light brown from the bottom, flip them.
12. You can spread oil over them if required and fry until they are golden brown from both the sides. when the pieces have rightly fried from both the sides, drain them out.
13. Veg pitor snack is ready to be served.