Chef Sanjyot Keer
1. Cut the capsicum (2 medium size) in juliennes, that means length wise strips.
2. Peel the carrot (1 medium size), trim of the head and tip and further cut them into juliennes.
3. Take off one layer of cabbage (half or 1 cup), cut the base and cut them in toc shreds.
4. Boil water in a wok, add salt and oil (1 tbsp), add the noodles (1 packet) and boil for 6-7 minutes. do not overcook.
5. Strain the noodles and rinse it with cold water or with tap running water, pour few drops of oil and mix with noodles to avoid it from sticking to each other.
6. Set a wok on medium heat, add oil ( 1 tbsp), garlic (1 tbsp chopped) and spring onion bulbs (1/4 cup sliced), sauté it for a minute.
7. Add the chopped spring onion greens (1/4 cup chopped), shredded cabbage, julienned carrots , julienned capsicum and sugar, ( 1 tsp). mix well and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the boiled noodles, salt and blackpepper powder to taste, soy sauce (1 tbsp), chilli oil (1 tbsp) and freshly chopped spring onion greens ( 1 tbsp), mix and toss well for 3-5 minutes. add vinegar (1 tbsp) and toss well once again.
9. Your veg hakka noodles is ready to be served, serve hot with schezwan sauce.