North indian, Mains
Chef Sanjyot Keer
1. Set a wok or deep pan on medium heat, add 2 tbsp oil and 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera. allow the cumin seeds to splutter. add 2 medium size chopped onions and cook until golden brown.
2. Add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and 2 tbsp red chilli paste and cook until oil separates.
3. Add puree of 4 medium sized tomatoes, salt to taste and 2 tbsp cashew paste, mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp red chilli powder and 1 tbsp coriander powder, mix well and cook further for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add 500 ml water and cook further for 10-15 minutes.
7. Low down the heat and add 3 tbsp curd, stir continuously and cook for 4-5 minutes.
8. Add veggies namely 1/3 cup diced carrots, 1/2 cup diced capsicum, 1/2 cup boiled cauliflower, 1/2 cup french beans, 1/2 cup boiled baby corn, 1 cup diced paneer, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
9. Add 1 tbsp kasuri methi, 1 tbsp garam masala powder and 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves.
10. Mix well and place a bowl in the centre, place a live charcoal in the centre and add a pinch of cardamom powder and few drops of ghee, cover and smoke for 4-5 minutes.
11. Your veg angara is ready to be served. serve hot with paratha or naan or roti of your choice.