Aloo mixture for vada
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tsp oil , 1/2 tsp mustard seeds , a pinch of hing / asafoetida and few curry leaves. let them splutter.
2. Add 1 inch crushed ginger, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 finely chopped green chilli, 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and saute well.
3. Further, add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and saute for 30 seconds.
4. Additionally, add 2 boiled and mashed potatoes and 1/2 tsp salt. mix well making sure all the spices are combined well with potatoes.
5. Turn off the flame and add 1 tbsp lemon juice. mix well and aloo mixture is ready. keep aside.
For besan batter
6. Further, prepare besan batter by taking 3/4 cup besan, 1 tbsp rice flour, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, a pinch of hing / asafoetida, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp baking soda.
7. Add 1/2 cup water or as required and prepare a smooth lump free batter.
8. Then take a ball sized aloo mixture and dip it in besan batter and coat well.
9. Deep fry in hot oil stirring occasionally. fry on medium heat till the vada turns golden and crisp.
10. Drain the vada on a kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. keep aside.
11. Now fry 7 green chillies, by turning off the flame – be careful as the oil splutters. stir occasionally, till the blisters appear on chilli.
12. Now with leftover besan batter prepare chura by pouring watery besan batter in hot oil. add 2 tbsp of water to the leftover besan batter to make watery besan batter. fry on medium flame till the chura turns golden and crisp.
13. Now slit the ladi pav and spread 1 tsp green chutney, 1/2 tsp tamarind chutney and 1/2 tsp dry garlic chutney.
14. Place the prepared vada in center of pav with chura and fried green chilli.
15. Finally, press the vada pav and serve immediately.