Tootie Fruity Cookies
1. In a bowl, add 1 cup all purpose flour / maida, 2 tbsp custard powder, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp cardamom powder, 1/4 cup tooti frutti and 3 tbsp chopped dry nuts. mix all the ingredients well and keep aside.
2. In another bowl, add 1/3 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and blend them well for about 4-5 minutes until it turns fluffy and creamy.
3. Then add 1/2 tsp vanilla essence to it and whisk again. then keep adding all purpose flour / maida mixture to it in batches and mix well to form a crumby dough.
4. Slowly start adding 1-1.5 tbsp milk to this mixture and use your hands to bring the mixture together.
5. Shape the cookie dough into a 1.5 to 2 inches diameter long and place it on a cling film. wrap the dough with the cling film and tie on both the sides. keep this in the freezer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line the baking tray with butter paper.
7. Take the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and cut about 1/4th to 1/2 inches thick cookies.
8. Arrange the cookies on the baking tray and space them out.
9. Bake them in the pre-heated oven at 170°c for about 10 – 12 minutes.
10. Once baked, let the cookies cool down completely before serving or storing.