Tomato Thakali Rice
South indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat 3 tsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp urad dal, ½ tsp chana dal, few fenugreeks, 1-inch cinnamon, 4 cloves and few curry leaves.
2. Also, saute few cashews until golden brown.
3. Add 1 finely chopped onion, 1 slit green chilli and ¼ tsp ginger paste and saute well.
4. Now add 2 finely chopped tomatoes and saute until tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
5. Additionally add ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp mint leaves. saute and cook for a minute.
6. Furthermore, add 2 cups cooked rice and mix gently.
7. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes to absorb all masala.
8. Finally, serve tomato rice garnished with chopped coriander leaves along with raita of your choice.
1. Firstly, use leftover rice for this recipe for more flavours.
2. Furthermore, try to use juicy ripened tomatoes for the richness and colour.
3. Additionally, adding pudina leaves are optional, but it gives a nice aroma to your pulao.
4. Finally, after adding rice, gently mix it and do not break the rice grains of tomato rice recipe.