1. In a mixer grinder add 1 inch ginger, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 green chillies, 1 small onion, 5-6 dry red chillies, 1/2 cup mint leaves, 1/2 cup coriander leaves and 3 ice cubes. blend everything together and keep it aside.
2. In a pressure cooker heat 2 tbsp ghee / oil , add the whole spices namely cinnamon, cardamom, clove, bay leaf, mace and sauté for a minute.
3. Add 2 thinly sliced onions, 2 tbsp cashews and cook till they turn golden brown.
4. Add in the masala paste and the dry spices namely 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, salt to taste and cook till the raw smell of the masala goes away.
5. Add 2 finely chopped tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
6. Add a handful of mint leaves and a handful of coriander leaves and give it a stir.
7. Now add 1 cup soaked basmati rice and add 1.5 cups water, check seasoning and pressure cook for upto 1 whistle. let it sit till the cooker releases pressure naturally.
8. Enjoy tomato pulav with some raita.