Dindigul Food Court
1. Put daal in a pan and cook add oil add garlic, onion, add tomatoes, turmeric, red chilli powder and green chillies.
2. Cook all the ingredients scum, reduce to low heat, simmer, stirring at regular intervals, add mashed lentil . continue to simmer.
3. To prepare the tempering, heat ghee in frying pan, add mustard and cumin seeds, stir on medium heat until they begin to pop, add garlic and stir -fry until golden brown.
4. Then add red chillies and curry leaves, stir until the chillies becomes bright red, and pour over the simmering daal.
5. Remove and adjust seasoning.