South indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and splutter 1 tsp fennel, pinch hing and few curry leaves.
2. Add 1 onion, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute until it changes colour slightly.
3. Further, add 1 tsp besan and roast for 5 minutes or until besan is cooked well.
4. Additionally, add ¼ tsp turmeric, ¾ tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder and 1 tsp salt. saute until spices turn aromatic.
5. Also 4 tomato and saute until tomatoes turn mushy.
6. Add ½ cup water, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until oil separates from sides.
7. Turn off the flame and add ¼ cup coconut milk, ¼ tsp garam masala and 2 tbsp coriander.
8. Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
9. Finally, enjoy tomato curry with roti or paratha.