Tomato & Basil Pasta
My Food Story
1. Cook 200 gms angel hair pasta in salted water according to package instructions untill al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and set aside.
3. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp minced garlic. sauté the garlic on a low flame for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add 3.5 cups cherry tomatoes and two pinches of salt and cook them for a few minutes till soft. break the tomatoes slightly with the back of a spoon.
5. Add the reserved pasta water and simmer for 5 minutes till it thickens and becomes saucy.
6. Add the cooked pasta and 1 tbsp butter and toss well.
7. Add 1 cup fresh basil leaves, toss again till the basil wilts. break fresh mozarella cheese or bocooncini and add it on top. serve immediately.
1. Pasta to be taken can be any long string pasta.
2. Bocconcini can also be used if mozzarella cheese.