Tom Yum Soup (tom Khaa)
For tom yum paste
1. Soak 3 dry red chillies in hot water for 15 minutes. after 15 minutes, blend them into a fine paste.
2. In a mixer grinder, add 3 garlic cloves, 6 shallots, 1.5 inch galangal and 3 thai red chillies. blend it into a smooth paste. add the chilli paste to this .
3. Tom yum paste is ready!
For tom yum soup
4. Add oil to a pan and add the tom yum paste. saute till oil seperates for around 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Once done add 2 cups sliced button mushrooms. add few tbsp water to let mushroom cook.
6. Then add 1 cup coconut milk, 6 kaffir lime leaves, 5 stalks of lemongrass, 4 pieces of bamboo shoot, salt to taste, 3 tbsp tamarind paste, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp palm sugar. let it boil for 10 minutes.
7. Then add 2 tsp of lime juice.
8. Pour it into soup bowl and serve it hot.