Thai Red Curry
Red curry paste
1. Soak 10 whole dry kashmiri red chillies in warm water for 15 minutes.
2. In a mixer grinder add the soaked dry kashmiri red chillies, 3/4 cup chopped onions, 2 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tbsp cumin powder, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 5 garlic cloves, 2 tsp grated lemon rind, 1/4 cup finely chopped lemongrass, 1/2 tsp white pepper powder, salt to taste and enough water. blend it into a smooth paste.
Thai red curry
3. In a small bowl, prepare the cornflour-coconut milk mixture by adding 1 tbsp cornflour with 2 tbsp coconut milk. mix well and keep aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a broad non-stick pan, add 5 to 6 tbsp of the red curry paste and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Add 2 tbsp finely chopped basil leaves and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
6. Add 2 cups coconut milk , the prepared cornflour-coconut milk mixture and salt to taste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring continuously.
7. Add the 1 cup blanched & diagonally cut babycorn, 1 cup blanched broccoli and 1/2 cup paneer cut into cubes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
Serve hot with sticky rice.