Thai Coconut & Rice Pudding
1. Begin with heating 1 cup of milk in a thick bottom pan.
2. Soak 1 cup of rice in water for an hour. i used organic broken brown rice, any other rice can be used.
3. Add the soaked and drained rice when the milk starts to boil. let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
4. Once the rice is cooked the pudding will start to thicken.
5. Add 1/2 cup fresh / desiccated coconut to the rice milk mixture and stir well.
6. I wanted to make a low fat pudding, you can add coconut cream for enhanced flavor!
7. For a vegan version, use half cooked rice and coconut milk.
8. Towards the end, add 1/2 cup of sugar and mix well.
9. Take the pan off the heat and let it cool. refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
10. If the pudding looks dry, add some milk and stir well.
11. For the blueberry coulis, soak dried blueberries in water for an hour.
12. Microwave for 1 minute. i wanted the berries to be whole, you can mash them with the back of a spoon!
13. Pour the pudding in a glass bowl, top with the berry coulis. serve chilled and enjoy!