Baby Food Channel
1. Chop 2 tbsp onions / shallots and 1-2 garlic cloves. wash 1 cup loosely packed spinach thoroughly and keep it ready.
2. Wash 2 tbsp rice and 2 tbsp toor dal / split pigeon peas together and soak it in warm water for 20 minutes.
3. Heat a pressure cooker with a tsp of ghee. add the chopped garlic.
4. Then add chopped onions. saute them nicely until transparent.
5. Once onions become transparent, add washed spinach leaves.
6. Fry the spinach leaves until it shrinks. at this stage, add in 1/8 tsp turmeric powder and salt as required (for babies above one year).
7. Then add soaked rice and toor dal / split pigeon peas. mix well. give a quick stir.
8. Add 1 cup of water and mix well. then close the lid of pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for three to four whistles.
9. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker, mash it well with a masher until soft. you can also grind in the blender if you prefer.
Kindly adjust for salt, sugar and spices as per your baby's age.