Spinach Dal Rice
1. Wash 2 tbsp rice and 2 tbsp toor dal / split pigeon peas together and soak it in warm water for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a pressure cooker with 2 tsp of ghee. add 1-2 cloves of chopped garlic.
3. Then add 2 tbsp chopped onions. saute them nicely until transparent.
4. Once onions become transparent, add 1 cup washed spinach leaves.
5. Fry the spinach leaves until it shrinks. at this stage, add in 1/8 tsp turmeric powder and salt as required (for babies above one year).
6. Then add soaked rice and toor dal. mix well and give a quick stir.
7. Add one cup of water and mix well. then close the lid of pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for three to four whistles.
8. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker, mash it well with a masher until soft. you can also grind in the blender if you prefer.