Spiced Tamarind Popsicles/ Chatpata Imli Chuskis
Tangy, sweet, spicy, nutty and frozen- it just can't get any better….. the sprinkle of Kala namak & Lal mirch- A M A Z I N G!!
Tamarind is a rich source of magnesium, potassium, iron, vitamin B and C & antioxidants. It is great for digestion and when combined with mint & cumin, it acts as a natural coolant in summers.
Instead of depending on sugar laced ice candies, these imli jaggery chuskis are perfect to quench your thirst & freshen you up!! And the taste is such a bonus!
1. Boil 250 gm tamarind along with 250 gm jaggery and a pinch of salt.
2. After it cools down, remove the pulp and strain.
3. To this, add, rock salt, black pepper and cumin powder. keep aside.
4. In a jar, add the mixture along with mint leaves, grind it to a fine paste.
5. Add 4 cups chilled water, mix well. pour in popsicle moulds and freeze for 6-8 hours
6. Sprinkle some salt and red chilli powder for that extra kick. serve chilled.