Sorshe Ilish ( Hilsa Fish Cooked In A Thick Mustard Gravy)
1. Marinade the fish with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Make a smooth paste with all the ingredients mentioned under making a paste head.
3. In a heavy bottomed pan add mustard oil.
4. Lightly fry the fish from both sides. remove from the pan and keep aside.
5. In the same oil, add nigella seeds and green chillies cut into halves.
6. Add the paste, salt, sugar and turmeric powder. cook till the raw smell of mustard goes away.
7. Add warm water, and add the fish. cover it and let it simmer for 5 -7 mins
8. Turn off the flame and add the remaining green chillies and mustard oil. cover it with a lid till all the flavours incorporate nicely. serve with hot steamed rice.
This recipe serves 5 people.