Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Finely chop one onion and set aside. roughly chop the remaining onion and transfer them into a blender jar.
2. Add 3/4 cup scraped coconut, 3 dried kashmiri red chillies, 1.5 tsp coriander seeds, 6-8 garlic cloves, 1/2 inch ginger, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 cup water and blend to a fine paste.
3. Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in an earthen pot, add the finely chopped onion and sauté till golden brown.
4. Add the prepared paste and mix well. cook till the oil separates. add 2.5 cups water and mix till well combined. let the mixture come to a boil.
5. Add 3 kokum petals, 2 slit green chillies, salt to taste and mix well. cook for 2 minutes. take the pot off the heat.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice and garnished with coriander sprig.