Shrimp And Calamari Salad
Laura in the Kitchen
1) Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
2) In a bowl, toss together 3/4 pound peeled & deveined shrimp, 1/4 pound cleaned calamari, zest of 1 lemon, juice of 1 lemon, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tbsp chopped thyme, 1 tbsp chopped parsley, 1 tbsp of oil and salt and black pepper to taste.
3) Grill on the hot grill for about 2 minutes on each side. remove to a plate.
4) Lay 5 oz of washed and dried baby arugula on a large platter and scatter over 1 thinly sliced fennel bulb and 1 large roasted pepper.
5) Arrange the grilled shrimp and calamari on top ( you can cut the calamari before putting it on the salad so it’s easier to eat)
6) In a small bowl, add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed orange juice and whisk to combine. drizzle over the whole thing and eat immediately!
1. The roasted pepper can be bought in canned form or you can even roast them at home.