Shimla Mirch Aloo
North indian, Mains
Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds and let them change colour. chop green chillies and add them into the pan.
2. Add finely chopped onions and mix well. cook till translucent. add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add finely chopped tomatoes and mix well. add salt, mix and cook till the tomatoes turn pulpy.
4. Cut potatoes in 1 inch cubes and set aside.
5. In the tomatoes mixture, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and sauté for 1-2 minutes or till the oil separates.
6. Add the cubed potatoes and mix well. adjust salt and toss.
7. Add ¾ cup water and mix well. let the mixture come to a boil. reduce the heat, cover and cook till the potatoes are ¾ cooked.
8. Add capsicums cut into 1 inch dices and mix well. cook for 4-5 minutes. add tata sampann kitchen king masala and mix well.
9. Meanwhile, coarsely crush peanuts in a mortar pestle and add ¾ into the pan.
10. Add chopped coriander leaves and squeeze lemon and mix well. take the pan off the heat.
11. Transfer the prepared sabzi into a serving bowl, garnish with remaining peanuts and coriander sprigs. serve hot.