1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large heavy based sauté pan.
2. Add 1 finely chopped onion and cook for 5-6 minutes. stirring regularly, the onions should be softened at this point.
3. Add 450 gms italian sausage to the pan and bread up. cook this for 6-7 minutes.
4. Add 1 finely sliced garlic clove along with 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp red chilli flakes and 1 tsp fennel seeds. stir well.
5. Then add 400 gms of tinned cherry tomatoes. simmer for 10-15 minutes over a low heat until reduced a little. season to taste with salt and crushed black pepper.
6. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. season with salt and add the pasta to this. cook according to the package instructions. drain.
7. Add the pasta to the sausage pasta sauce.
8. Blitz the 25 gm pecorino cheese untill fine in a food processor.
9. Serve in bowls topped with the finely chopped pecorino cheese and some basil leaves.