Sarson Ka Saag
North indian, Mains
Your Food Lab
• Thoroughly wash all the three leaves and further chop them roughly and keep aside.
• Set a wok or pan on medium heat, add water, salt to taste and bring it to a boil, add the chopped leaves, green chillies, garlic and fresh coriander leaves, mix well and try to mash it while stirring.
• Partially cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes, mash it once again. repeat the procedure of cover and cooking until the leaves are cooked completely and is mashed properly. this process would take about 1 hour. you can also choose to cook the saag in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
• Add the maize flour and cook well, adding of maize flour will absorb the excess moisture, add hot water and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes.
• Set another pan or wok on medium heat, add ghee and onions and cook until translucent.
• Add ginger and cook until onions turn golden brown.
• Add tomatoes and cook until they are mushy.
• Add the cooked saag and further cook it for 10-15 mins. your sarson da saag is ready to be served, serve hot with hot makke di roti.