South indian, Mains
1. Heat a non-stick tava / griddle and grease it with ½ tsp of butter.
2. Sprinkle little water on the tava / griddle and wipe it using a clean muslin cloth.
3. Pour ½ cup of the dosa batter on the non-stick tava / griddle and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7") thick uttapam.
4. Cook for 30 seconds and spread 2 tsp green chutney and 2 tsp red chutney evenly over it.
5. Spread 1 tsp of butter over it.
6. Now, add ¼ cup finely chopped onions, ¼ cup finely chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum, ¼ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder and little salt evenly over it. press it lightly using a spatula. cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Pour ⅓ cup of batter over the vegetables, spread it evenly using a big spoon to make a thin even layer.
8. Turnover, tap gently and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Spread 1 tsp of butter evenly over it.
10. Trim off the extra batter and vegetables from the circumference to get a neat circular shape.
11. Turnover once again and again cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
12. Spread 1 tsp of butter evenly over it, turn over and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
13. Finally turn and cut into 6 equal pieces.
14. Serve immediately garnished with ¼ cup grated processed cheese.
15. Repeat steps 2 to 15 to make 3 more sandwich uttapas.