Pretty Parsi Cook
1. Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan. add green cardamoms, black peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon and onion and sauté till onion turns golden.
2. Add cumin seeds and sauté for 1 minute. add tomato and 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste, mix and cook till tomato turns soft and pulpy.
3. Add 1 teaspoon chilli powder, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, ½ teaspoon cumin powder and tomato puree and sauté for 1 minute. add ½ cup water, mix and cook on low heat for 7-8 minutes.
4. Take chicken legs in a bowl. add salt, remaining turmeric powder, remaining chilli powder, remaining cumin powder, remaining coriander powder and remaining ginger-garlic paste, mix and set aside for 10 minutes.
5. Add marinated chicken legs to cooked tomato mixture and mix on high heat. add salt, jaggery and parsi vinegar, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add ½ cup water, mix and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes or till chicken is done.
7. Top with salli and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
1. This recipe serves 4 people.