South indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a large bowl take 2 cups idli rice, ½ cup urad dal / black gram skinned and ½ tsp methi seeds / fenugreek seeds. add enough water and soak for 5 hours.
2. Drain off the water and transfer to the mixy or grinder. blend to smooth paste in batches adding water as required.
3. In a bowl take 1 cup thin poha / flattened rice and rinse well. blend to smooth paste adding water if required.
4. Mix the rice-urad dal batter and poha paste well. cover and ferment in a warm place for 8 hours.
5. After 8 hours, the batter must have doubled in size. mix gently without disturbing the air bubbles.
6. Further add 2 tsp salt and mix well.
7. Heat the griddle and pour a ladleful of batter. spread out in a circular motion slightly thick than regular masala dosa.
8. Also pour ½ tsp oil around the edges.
9. Cover and roast the dosa to a golden brown from the bottom and completely cooked from the top in presence of steam.
10. Finally, enjoy set dosa with chutney.