Sada Aloo Er Torkari
This sabzi is made with very few ingredients, without any spices, just with the tempering of kalonji/nigella seeds, some slitted green chilies, pinch of hing.
Since no turmeric powder or any spice is added the colour of this sabzi is somewhat white in colour.
Mine looks little yellowish because I have cooked it in mustard oil.
It tastes best it fluffed up puris but I have served it with some parathas.
1. Cut 2 large size of potatoes into small cubes.
2. Heat some mustard oil or any other cooking oil in a pan, once it is smoking hot, add 1 tsp of kalonji/nigella/onion seeds, 2-3 slitted green chilies, pinch of hing and let it splutter for few seconds.
3. Next add the potato cubes, fry it for 3-4 minutes.
4. Once it slightly turns into reddish in colour, add salt to taste, little black pepper powder (optional), mix it well.
5. Add 3/4 cup of warm water, cover and let the potatoes cook.
6. Once the potatoes becomes soft, slight mash few pieces of potatoes with help of your spatula, so that it gets a nice texture.
7. Lastly add some chopped coriander leaves, 1 slitted green chillies and ghee mix it well and it's ready to be served.
Note: serves 2