South indian, Dessert
1. In a pressure cooker, add the soaked rice, and enough water to cook the rice. pressure cook for 2 whistles. keep the cooked rice aside.
2. Heat a pan and add the milk to it. bring it to a boil.
3. Add the cooked rice to the milk and let it simmer till the milk is thickened.
4. Add condensed milk (you can also add sugar if you don’t have condensed milk) and mix well.
5. Heat some ghee in a pan, add the nuts and roast them till they are golden in color.
6. Add the roasted nuts, cardamom powder, and saffron strands to the kheer and mix well.
7. Serve the instant rice kheer warm.