Red Coconut Chutney
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the chana dal / split bengal gram, urad dal / split black lentils, red chillies, curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the tomatoes and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
3. Add the coconut and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Allow it to cool completely. once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
5. Serve immediately with dosas or idlis or store refrigerated for upto 2 days and use as required.