Raw Mango Launji
Chef Sanjyot Keer
1. Peel the skin of 500 gms raw mangoes. further cut into thick strips.
2. Set a wok on medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. then add 1 tbsp cumin seeds / jeera, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp fenugreek / methi seeds, 1 tsp kalonji / nigella seeds, 1 tsp hing / asafoetida, 1/2 tsp ajwain / carom seeds and 1 tsp fennel seeds / saunf. stir for few seconds and add raw mangoes and mix it well. cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil. then add 1 tbsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1 cup jaggery / gud and salt to taste. mix well and allow the jaggery to melt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Further continue to cover and cook on low flame until it thickens while stirring in intervals.
5. Check whether the raw mangoes are done, then add 1 tsp black salt, 1 tsp chaat masala and cook further for 2-3 minutes.
6. Cool down and serve as a condiment with your favourite paratha or meal.
7. Store it in a well sterilized glass and refrigerate it for months.