Rava/ Suji Appe
South indian, Mains
Or looking for some easy tea time snacks inspiration!! Rava appe will come to your rescue
1. Mix together 1 cup of roasted sooji / rawa, 1/2 cup curd, salt to taste, 1 cup chopped mix veggies of your choice. let it set for 10 minutes.
2. Prepare a tempering by adding 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, chopped green chillies to taste, a pinch of hing / asafoetida, curry leaves to hot oil. skip any of these if unavailable.
3. Pour tempering to batter. add some water to adjust consistency, it should be like idli batter.
4. Using appe pan, grease the mould with oil, and then pour the mixture in each cavity and cook on low flame till done.
1. I didn't use baking soda in the batter.
2. Appe stays soft after few hours as well so can be packed for lunch, outing!!