Pyaaz Ki Kachori
For kachori dough
1. In a bowl add 1 cup refined flour / maida, 1/2 tsp carom seeds / ajwain, 3 tbsp ghee, salt to taste and mix everything properly.
2. Now add water and knead a semi hard dough and keep aside for 10-15 minutes to rest.
For powder masala
3. In a pan add 2 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp fennel seeds and roast them lightly. remove and let them cool.
4. Once cooled, grind it into a coarse powder. keep aside for further use.
5. In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp ghee and add the prepared powdered masala, 1/4 tsp asafoetida / hing, 2-3 chopped green chillies, 1 inch chopped ginger, 3 large chopped onions and saute until translucent or soft.
6. Now add 2 tbsp gram flour / besan, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp degi red chilli powder, salt to taste and saute until fragrant.
7. Then add 1/4 tsp citric acid, 2 medium boiled and mashed potatoes, 1/4 tsp dried mango / amchur powder, mix and cook for a minute.
8. Now finish it with chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame. keep aside to cool down.
For assembling pyaz ki kachori
9. Keep oil to heat in a kadai on medium heat.
10. Now take a small portion of the dough and spread it using your hand and keep it thick in centre and thin at the edges.
11. Then add a spoonful of filling in it and close it up and roll light with a rolling pin (like a puri). repeat for remaining dough and filling.
12. Now deep fry them in medium hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
13. Remove on an absorbent paper and serve hot with chutney or tea.