Prawns Xec Xec
Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Put 10-12 shelled and deveined prawns in a bowl. add salt to taste, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
2. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, mix and set aside to marinate.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. add 2-3 dried red chillies, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 3-4 cloves and 4-5 black peppercorns and sauté till fragrant.
4. Add 1/2 cup grated coconut / khopra and sauté on low heat till golden. remove from heat and let it cool.
5. Grind this spice-coconut mixture with some water to a fine paste.
6. Heat remaining oil in another non-stick pan. add 1 medium finely chopped onion and sauté till golden.
7. Add 1 medium finely chopped tomato to the second pan, mix and cook on high heat for a minute. add ground paste, mix well and cook for a minute. add some water, mix and cook for a minute.
8. Add marinated prawns, mix and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, mix and cook for a minute.
9. Serve hot garnished with a coriander sprig.