Chef Sanjyot Keer
For making aachari aloo
1. Set a pan on medium heat, add 2 tbsp mustard oil and heat until smoking point, and low down the flame. add 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera, 1 tsp kalonji / nigella seeds, 1 tsp hing / aafoetida, 2-3 dry red chillies. mix well and cook until spices release their aroma.
2. Add 500 gms boiled baby potatoes and cook until potatoes are crispy.
3. Add powdered spices namely 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp fenugreek / methi powder, 1 tsp aamchur / dry mango powder, 1/4 tsp black salt, 1 tbsp powdered sugar and salt to taste. mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
4. Add 100 ml water and mix well. cook further for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. take it off from the flame and keep aside for later use.
For making salsa
5. In a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup finely chopped onions, 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber, 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint, 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 1 tbsp tamarind water, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, salt to taste and 1 cup curd. mix well and keep aside for later use.
For making the taco shell
6. Coat the dough balls with dry flour and flatten it with hands, further roll into thin chapati, make as many mini chapati'a as you want, one mini chapati is equal to one taco shell.
7. Set a pan on medium heat and cook the mini chapati, cook well from both the sides. no need to apply oil.
8. Spread a spoonful of salsa over the taco shells (mini chapati), add the aachari aloo filling, top it with some sliced onions and sliced fresh red chillies (optional).
9. Your aachari tacos are ready to be served, serve this unique fusion tacos with a quartered lemon as a party appetizer.