South indian, Snacks
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat oil (2 tsp) and add mustard seeds (1 tsp), jeera (1/2 tsp), crushed coriander seeds (1/2 tsp), hing (a pinch) and few curry leaves. allow to splutter.
2. Further add broken cashews (6 cashews) and roast to golden.
3. Additionally saute chopped onions (1 small), chopped ginger( 1 inch) and 1 finely chopped green chilli.
4. Furthermore add in turmeric powder(1/2 tsp), chilli powder (1/2 tsp), garam masala powder (1/4 tsp) and salt to taste. saute.
5. Now add in 3 medium sized boiled and mashed potatoes. mix well.
6. Additionally, add in 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice (1 tbsp).
7. Prepare the besan batter by mixing besan (1 cup), corn flour (¼ cup), turmeric powder/ haldi (¼ tsp), salt to taste, kashmiri red chilli powder (¼ tsp), ajwain / carom seeds (¼ tsp), water (as required) and prepare a thick flowing consistency batter.
8. Furthermore add in 1 tsp oil and ¼ tsp baking soda.
9. Mix gently making sure everything is combined well.
10. Also make a ball from the prepared aloo masala, grease hands with oil to prevent from sticking.
11. Further, dip into besan batter and ball should be well coated. deep fry in hot oil.
12. Make sure to stir occasionally, keeping the flame on medium. fry till the bonda turns golden and crisp.
13. Finally, serve aloo bonda along with chutney or tomato sauce.