Pork Solantulem Or Amsol
1. In a mixer grinder add all the ingredients from the marination list namely 6 large garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger, 1 tsp cumin seeds, water as required and grind to a fine paste.
2 .In a bowl add 500 gms pork ribs cut into pieces, 500 gms pork belly cut into pieces, above ground paste , little salt, 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and mix well. let the meat marinate over night.
To make pork solantulem
3. In a pan add marinated pork, 2 medium sliced onion, 1/2 tsp sugar, 2 tbsp vinegar, 6-8 dry button chillies / boriya chillies, 6-8 kokum, 3/4 cup tamarind juice, salt to taste and water. mix this well.
4. Cover and cook this on low flame till the meat is tender. serve hot
1. Preferably marinate the pork over night. but you can just marinate it for few hours before cooking.
2. Boriya chilli is used in this recipe. if you dont have these, just break 4 kashmiri chillies and add to the dish.