South indian, Snacks
1. Firstly, in a small mixy grind 1 cup poha / flattened rice to a coarse powder. (thick variety of poha is used in this recipe. if you are using thin then increase the quantity of poha.)
2. Add 1 cup curd and mix well. make sure poha absorbs curd.
3. Further, add 1½ cups rice rava / idli rava and mix well. (you can alternatively use rava upma too)
4. Now add ¾ tsp salt and 1 cup water. mix well making sure everything is well combined adding water as required.
5. Cover and rest for 30 minutes or until the rava and poha absorb water.
6. After 30 minutes, mix gently, making sure the rava has absorbed water.
7. Now add ½ cup water and mix well adjusting the consistency.
8. Just before steaming, add ¾ tsp eno fruit salt and mix gently until the batter turns frothy.
9. Now pour the batter into greased idli plate.
10.Steam the idli for 15 minutes or until the idli is cooked well.
11. Finally, enjoy poha idli with coriander mint chutney.