South indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl soak 1 cup moong dal / whole green gram and 2 tbsp chana dal / bengal gram for atleast 4 – 8 hours.
2. Further, drain off the water and blend to smooth batter. add water if required. transfer this mixture to a large bowl.
3. Add 1 tbsp rice flour in the mixture to get the extra crispiness. also add salt to taste.
4. Mix the batter well to get the dosa batter consistency. add water if required.
5. Further pour a ladleful of the batter on a hot griddle.
6. Spread it in a circular motion thin circle.
7. Also smear a little finely chopped onion, pinch cumin seeds / jeera, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped green chilli and 1 tsp oil over the pessarattu.
8. Press gently, so that the onions stick to dosa.
9. If the dosa is not cooked from top, flip and cook both sides of dosa.
10. Now mark triangle over dosa to fold in triangle shape. slowly remove the dosa from ends.
11. And fold to triangle or shape of your choice.
12. Finally, serve pessarattu with hot uppitu, allam chutney or coconut chutney.
1. Firstly, soak the moong dal well, else it will be difficult to grind.
2. Also, the dosa can be prepared more healthy by preparing batter from moong sprouts.
3. Additionally, you can even grind green chilli and ginger along with moong dal while preparing batter.
4. Finally, moong dal dosa / pessarattu tastes great when served hot and crisp.