Peanut Butter Cookies
1. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup (113 gms) softened butter with 1/2 cup (100 gms) brown sugar and 1/2 cup (100 gms) castor sugar on high speed. beat well for 5 minutes.
2. Beat in 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract and 1/2 cup (135 gms) peanut butter. mix well.
3. Turn the mixer to low speed and add 1.25 cups (150 gms) all purpose flour / maida, 1 tbsp (12 gms) corn flour and 1/2 tsp (3 gms) baking soda. the dough will be extremely thick and dry at this stage.
4. Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk and beat until the dough comes together.
5. Pop the dough into the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c. on a baking tray lined with parchment paper/ silicon mat, scoop the cookie dough in equal sized balls.
7. Use your fingers to gently press the dough balls to flatten them a little. top with chocolate chips.
8. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes-only until the edges are golden-brown. top them with sea salt.
9. Let the eggless peanut butter cookies sit on the baking tray for another 10 minutes before you lift them.