Paneer Tikka Wrap
For paneer tikka
1. In a mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp mustard oil, 2 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder, mix well to bleed the natural red colour. 2. further add the remaining powdered spices namely 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp jeera / cumin powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp amchur / dry mango powder, 1/2 tsp black salt, 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, salt to taste, 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 cup hung curd. mix well.
3. Further add 1/2 cup diced onions, 1/2 cup diced capsicum and 250 gms paneer cut into cubes. mix and marinate well but gently without breaking the paneer cubes.
4. Smoke the marinated paneer, by placing a live charcoal and pouring few drops ghee over it. keep it covered for at least 3-4 minutes to impart smoke flavour in it.
5. Skew the paneer, onions and capsicum and char them on open flame. further, apply some melted butter over the charred paneer and cook them again briefly on open fire. you can also choose to grill them on pan. keep it aside to be used as a filling in roomali roll.
For roomali roti
6. In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients namely 1.5 cups refined flour / maida, 1/2 cup wheat flour, 1 tsp sugar, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp oil.
7. Mix well and further add 1 cup luke warm water in batches and knead until it becomes a soft dough. if you think your dough has becomes sticky you can add little more dry flour, knead well for at least 10-12 minutes.
8. Once the dough has turned soft and smooth, cover it with a damp cloth and rest it for at least 30 minutes.
9. By the time the dough is resting, take kadhai and flip upside down, then place it on the flame facing the bottom of the kadhai up just like a dome.
10. Heat the kadhai very well and make salt water by adding 3 tbsp salt in half cup of water, mix well and sprinkle over hot kadhai.
11. After the rest, knead the dough once again and divide the dough in equal size dough balls, sprinkle some dry flour and flatten with hands.
12. Further use a rolling pin and roll into a very thin sheet, as thin as a handkerchief, sprinkle dry flour as and when required while rolling. you should be able to see your hands, it should be that thin.
13. Place the rolled roti over the smoking hot kadhai, don’t forget to sprinkle salt water over the kadhai before cooking the roti. it’ll take few seconds to cook on one side, use cloth and dab gently to cook the roti evenly, flip and cook on other side as well, until golden brown spots appear, fold the roti and keep aside.
14. Make all the roti's in same way and keep aside to be used for making the roll.
For making the roll
15. In a mixing bowl, add the charred / grilled paneer tikka in a mixing bowl. further add 1 tbsp melted butter, some green chutney, dahi, onion rings, fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle some chaat masala.
16. Mix well but gently, to combine the flavours. you can tweak the amount of these ingredients depending how buttery or spicy or tangy you want your paneer tikka to be.
17. Unfold the roomali roti keeping one side folded and place the flavoured paneer tikka over the folded part. add some more onions rings and fold it tightly, to make a roll.
18. Skew the rumali roti roll and brush it with some melted butter and charr them on open flame, you can also grill it on a pan.
19. Your paneer tikka rumali roll is ready, cut in two halves and serve it hot with green spicy chutney.