South indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in wide pan, take a tsp of ghee. optionally, you can use oil.
2. Add ¼ chopped onions and 2 slit green chillies. fry till they turn translucent.
3. Time to add 1 cup finely chopped palak leaves and fry for a minute till they shrink and change its colour.
4. Once the palak leaves are cooked, add ¼ cup peas and fry till the peas are cooked.
5. Finally, add 1 cup cooked rice and salt to taste.
6. Mix well without breaking rice grains. cook for a minute.
7. Finally, serve palak pulao with raita or as it is.
1. Alternatively, make a puree of palak and use instead of chopped palak leaves.
2. Do not over cook the rice as it may turn sticky when you saute.
3. Furthermore, palak rice is best for kids lunch box.
4. Also add some cashews to make it more rich.