Palak Methi Puri
North indian, Mains
Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Grind together torn spinach leaves, fenugreek leaves, broken green chillies and ginger along with 2-3 tablespoons water into a smooth puree. transfer in a parat.
2. Add carom seeds / ajwain, salt and wheat flour gradually and knead into a stiff dough. add 1 tablespoon oil and knead again. cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
4. Divide the dough into small equal portions. dip each portion in some hot oil and roll out into small semi-thick discs.
5. Deep-fry the discs in hot oil till they puff up and turn golden brown. drain on absorbent paper.
6. Serve hot with some pickle.