Palak Methi And Corn Subji
North indian, Mains
For the white gravy
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a deep non-stick pan, add 1 cup chopped onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
2. Add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic, 1/4 tsp finely chopped green chillies and 1 tbsp broken cashewnuts. mix well and cook on a medium flame for about 1 minute. remove and keep aside to cool slightly.
3. Blend in a mixer to a fine paste using 2 tbsp of water.
4. Transfer the paste into a bowl, add 1/2 cup whisked curd and salt to taste. mix well and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick kadhai, add 3 green cardamom, 2 cloves and 1 bayleaf. sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the white gravy and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
3. Add 1 cup chopped and blanched spinach, 1/2 cup chopped fresh fenugreek leaves, 1/2 cup boiled sweet corn kernels, salt to taste and 1/2 cup of water. mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add 1/2 tsp garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 30 seconds.
Serve hot with whole wheat parathas.