Pad Thai Noodles
When my dear friend Upasana @mykitchenchronicless asked me if I'm game for a noodles collab, I gave a thumbs up without batting an eye! As I instantly knew what I'd make.
I first had this extremely popular Thai dish years ago in an oriental restaurant and just fell in love! But this is the first time I tried to make it on my own and from scratch.
If it counts, hubby had it both for dinner and breakfast !!
1. Add rice stick noodles to a large pot and then pour boiling water over the noodles. soak noodles in boiling water for 10-12 minutes. follow the instructions on the pack of the rice stick noodles.
2. For making the sauce, in a small bowl, mix 1 tbsp tamarind concentrate / pulp, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp brown sugar, juice of 1/2 a lime, 1 tsp salt and 1 tablespoon water. mix very well and set aside.
3. To a wok, add 2 tbsp sesame oil on medium-high heat. once hot, add 2 tsp chopped garlic, 1 large sliced onion, 2-3 chillies and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Then add 1 tbsp sliced carrot and 1 tbsp bell peppers and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Add 1 tbsp bean sprouts and handful of roasted peanuts. mix.
6. Add in the prepared tamarind sauce to the veggies, followed by the noodles. mix well until everything is well combined.
7. Cook for around 3 minutes until all of the sauce is absorbed by the noodles. then add garlic chives.
8. Check seasoning. add salt and red chilli flakes if needed, mix and turn off the heat.
9. Place pad thai on a wide serving plate / bowl. garnish with lots of crushed peanuts, lime wedge and a side of hot thai sauce!