Oi-muchim – Cucumber Salad
1. Wash all three cucumbers and skin each cucumber with a peeler. do not peel-off all of the skin, rather make uneven peels.
2. Chop cucumbers into half inch circles.
3. Pour salt onto the cucumbers and give them a good mix with your hands to coat thoroughly. set the cucumbers aside for 30 minutes and they will slowly release water. rinse them off and get rid of excess water.
4. For the marinade thoroughly mix 3 tbsp vinegar, 2.5 tbsp korean red chilli powder, 2.5 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp minced garlic in a bowl.
5. Dress the cucumbers with the marinade. get in there with your hands and coat all of it!
6. Garnish with few shakes of sesame seeds.
1. Refrigerate the salad. it tastes better when served chilled.
2. The cucumbers taste best when eaten within 1-2 days.
3. When placed in refrigerator, the cucumbers will release water. this is normal – no worries.