South indian, Snacks
Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Dry roast 1 cup oats in a non-stick pan. transfer into a blender jar and blend to a fine powder and transfer this into a large bowl.
2. Add 3/4 cup rava / semolina, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 small grated carrot, 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 1-2 chopped green chillies, salt to taste and mix well. add little water and mix to form a semi-thick batter. set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat ½ tbsp ghee in a small non-stick pan. add 1 tsp mustard seeds and let them splutter. add 1/4 tsp hing / asafoetida, 6-8 curry leaves and take the pan off the heat.
4. Transfer the prepared tempering in the oats mixture and mix well. add 1/2 tsp fruit salt and 1 tbsp water. mix till well combined.
5. Heat a non-stick paniyaram pan and drizzle a little ghee in each mould. add 1 tbsp batter in each. cover and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. flip and cook further for 1 minute. take them off the heat.
6. Transfer the prepared paniyaram on a serving plate. serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.