South indian, Snacks
1. Firstly, in a tawa dry roast 1 cup rolled oats on low flame until it turns crisp.
2. Cool the roasted oats completely and blend to a fine powder. keep aside.
3. In a kadai heat 3 tsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp urad dal / black gram skinned, 1 tsp chana dal / bengal gram , ½ tsp cumin seeds and few curry leaves.
2. Also, add ½ tsp ginger paste and 2 finely chopped green chillies. saute slightly.
3. Further, add 1 grated carrot and ¼ tsp turmeric powder. saute for 2 minutes.
4. Now add ½ cup rava and roast on low flame until it turns aromatic.
5. Add powdered oats and mix well. transfer the mixture and allow to cool completely.
6. Add in ½ cup curd and ½ cup water. mix well making sure there are no lumps.
8. Further add 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves, ¾ tsp salt and ½ cup water. mix well to form an idli batter consistency. rest for 20 minutes or until the rava absorbs water.
9. Just before steaming the idlis, add a ½ tsp eno fruit salt and mix well.
10. Steam the oats idli for 15 minutes on medium flame.
11. Finally, serve instant oats idli with coconut chutney and sambar.